ATLANTA, Sept. 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Georgia Power reminds customers that small changes around the house can deliver big energy and monthly savings during fall’s fluctuating temperatures and throughout the year.
Fall energy-saving tips from Georgia Power include:
- Let the Sun Shine In – Keeping the blinds and shades open during the day is a no-cost way to naturally heat your home. Close them at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
- Let it Flow – Heating and cooling accounts for as much as 50 percent of a home’s typical winter energy usage. Maximize the efficiency of your units ahead of cold weather by changing the filters once a month, or every three months for pleated filters.
- Thinking Thermostats – Install a smart programmable thermostat that automatically adjusts the home’s temperature settings when you are away from the house and save up to $100 a year in energy costs.
- Caulk & Strip – Replace cracked or peeling caulk or weather stripping around doors and windows to save up to 10 percent on energy use.
- It’s Great to Insulate – Keep heat where it belongs with proper insulation in attics and walls to help save energy 24/7.
Rate options to fit customers’ budgets and lifestyles
Now is also a great time to review your current Georgia Power rate plan and ensure that you are on the one that best fits your budget and lifestyle. Ensuring that you are on the most economical rate plan for your use is one of the most effective ways to keep your energy costs low. Customers can explore Georgia Power rate plans at www.GeorgiaPower.com/Pricing:
- Pay by Day® – Georgia Power’s newest rate plan, this innovative option locks in a fixed daily price for electricity over an entire year. This prepaid